Top 10 benefits of reflexology
Reflexology is an ancient practice which relies on the reflexes map of the feet and hands to all the internal organs and other human body parts. There are approximately 7000 nerve endings in the feet and each of them corresponds to a body part! By applying the appropriate pressure and massaging certain spots on the feet and hands, all other body parts can be energised but most importantly, each point of the pressure links with different parts of the body specifically.
Reflexology is an uplifting and stimulating experience and after just one session, you will reap the benefits. It is incredibly relaxing and soothing, helping to stimulate your central nervous system, ridding the body of damaging stress chemicals like cortisol and adrenaline.
The reflexology technique is used to improve the blood and energy circulation, giving a sense of relaxation and stimulating the body into a natural sense of healing and balance.
A complementary therapy, it is designed to make that person’s emotional, physiological and mental health improve whilst also improving quality of lif and helping to reduce any chronic pain. Ambient music, hot towels, a foot spray and cleanse and aromatherapy oils are combined to make the treatment more peaceful and to aid relaxation.
The energy theory behind reflexology dictates that body parts can communicate using electromagnetic fields and that energy flow can be restored by unblocking the pathway and providing relief to that part of the body. Reflexology is an acient treatment and used centuries ago before pain killers, antibiotics and antidepressants were around.
Top 10 benefits to improve health and wellbeing
- Clinical research clearly demonstrates the positive effects of reducing and alleviating the symptoms linked to certain diseases or medical conditions
- Reflexology helps to return the body to its natural state because of its ability to unblock pathways and restore good energy flow
- It’s effectiveness to get to the root of the pain, or discomfort may lead to many benefits in health, easing day to day stresses and the effects from injury and illness
- Stress contributes upto 80% for the development of any illness. But applying pressure to the specific areas of feet and hands promotes greater relaxation
- Pain is a stressor in the body and injury to any part of the body will cause the whole system to be stressed. Reflexology can improve body health conditions and wellbeing in that person
- It can promote recovery from any injury. If your practitioner feels tender, or sensitive sensations on the feet, this can indicate that an area of your body is out of balance.
- Your feet are a neglected part of your body, but they work hard for you everyday. Just like your neck, back and shoulders gather tension from stress, your feet can help to improve circulation, stimulate muscles and ease pain through a relaxing reflexology session
- For sciatic pain, reflexology can treat the pain effectively and seek to rectify the compression on the sciatic nerve. Further sessions would help to prevent further recurrence
- Studies show that reflexology may reduce stress and anxiety, and enhance relaxation and sleep. It is a low risk option if you are seeking purely relaxation and stress relief. It can help to lower blood pressure, increase lymph flow, helping to eliminate toxins, balance hormones and assist with digestive issues such as ibs and constipation.
- Regular reflexology can be beneficial for those suffering fertility problems. By massaging these points, the body can regain its natural balance, heal itself and support healing of issues around conception. It is recommended that both partners have reflexology.
Reflexology interrupts the pattern of repetitive stress that builds up in a person’s lifestyle and this improves with a number of reflexology sessions. The first session will stop stress in its tracks whilst further sessions will unblock any pathways to prevent illness.
When trying to treat a particular condition, it is best to schedule a reflexology session once a week to get the maximum benefit and to maintain the same schedule for about 4-6 weeks. We offer courses of 6 sessions for the price of 5.
A full session of reflexology can take 30-60 minutes, working all areas of the feet or by choosing an area where there is particular identified pain in the body relating to the foot.
Because we live in such a stressful society, self care is our only remedy in helping to prevent illness resulting from pent up stress. Overall, reflexology provides instant relief, and after an initial session, if stresses are reduced, then it has started your road to recovery for improved health and wellbeing.
Put simply, reflexology feels amazing and brings a feeling of total peace and calm so book in and switch off properly to another level.
Book now for your appointment
Reflexology treatments we offer
Read about our other complementary treatments: reiki
Add a comment